Massey announce new scholarships for extramurals

Massey University Extramural Students Society (EXMSS) has announced a new Trade to Tertiary scholarship worth $3000 per year.

The scholarship will be available to current trade workers wishing to make the shift into tertiary study. It is hoped Massey’s contribution will encourage more of those already in the workforce to improve their education through distance learning.

It is hoped that the scholarships will assist recipients to become leaders and advocates within their industry, and open up the possibility of tertiary study to their peers.

EXMSS also announced that it has doubled its annual scholarship fund to $10,000, which will go toward a collection of new scholarships and awards. In addition to the Trade to Tertiary initiative, this funding will include assistance for Maori students and students with impairments, in order to further support distance learners in achieving their educational goals.

Ralph Springett, EXMSS President, said, “I have been outspoken on the issue of social responsibility at the Council table and believe that Massey should deliver more benefits and scholarships to support its students,” and added, “It is time to give back to society.”

Massey is New Zealand’s leading tertiary institution for extramural study, with over 18,000 distance learners currently studying through the University.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos