Massey announce new scholarships for extramurals

Massey University Extramural Students Society (EXMSS) have announced a new Trade to Tertiary scholarship worth $3000 per year.

The scholarship will be available to current trade workers wishing to make the shift into tertiary study. It is hoped Massey’s contribution will encourage more of those already in the workforce to improve their education through distance learning.

It is hoped that the scholarships will assist recipients to become leaders and advocates within their industry, and open up the possibility of tertiary study to their peers.

EXMSS also announced that they have doubled their annual scholarship fund to $10,000, which will go toward a collection of new scholarships and awards. In addition to the Trade to Tertiary initiative, this funding will include assistance for Maori students and students with impairments, in order to further support distance learners in achieving their educational goals.

Ralph Springett, EXMSS President, said, “I have been outspoken on the issue of social responsibility at the Council table and believe that Massey should deliver more benefits and scholarships to support its students,” and added, “It is time to give back to society.”

Massey is New Zealand’s leading tertiary institution for extramural study, with over 18,000 distance learners currently studying through the University.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.