October 1, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Connors 4 Prez winz our heartz

It turns out that after a miscount and some confusion by the Returning officer, His Majesty Sean Hussein Sidney Connors III esq has won the VUWSA Presidency!

This news comes straight to us from the font of all knowledge: Wikipedia.

Sean Connors: Conquers all foes with his sock full of fifty cent coins and a Super Soaker 60.

May we all praise VUWSA King Connors. Long live the king!

1. Smithers says:

As a potential editor of Salient next year Jackson you really should stop interfering in the VUWSA elections and the democratic process with your pathetic little games. They’re unfunny and unhelpful.

2. Chris says:

Worse: he IS the editor.

3. Michael Oliver says:

Oh yeah, the much lauded and championed VUWSA “democratic process” came to a screeching halt the moment that completely serious edit hit the Wikipedia news stand.

Are you fucking kidding me?

4. Alexander says:

Well I find this amusing, even if you guys don’t…
    GO SEAN!!!!
    … Just a pity about the real election results.

5. Jackson Wood says:

Smithers: It wasn’t me who did the edit of the Wikipedia page. I don’t really see an election where just over 10% of constituents vote, and about 300 of them vote for a guy in a panda suit, democratic. If you had any knowledge about past VUWSA elections there has always been some tomfoolery happening with a spoof candidate, shadow campaign or at least some humour. The negativity of this campaign seems to have rubbed off on you. I urge you to go get a relaxation massage.

What is really pathetic is that you don’t have the guts to come talk to me about it. You obviously know me, so what’s the problem?

Chris: As always, thanks for your support. It would be good to get some ideas off you for Salient 2009. Flick me an email if ya got any. That goes for anyone else.

Michael: I <3 you.

6. a disgruntled soul says:

I think this page is missing a lol, so…

LOL!

7. Gibbon says:

Gibbon for Women’s Rights Officier!

8. Conrad Reyners says:

The wiki edit was probably done by Elliot white… It is his facebook group that promotes Elliot White for Sexucational officer after all…

9. I-Ching says:

Smithers you suck.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  9. Postgrad Informer
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough
Website-Cover-Photo7

This Ain’t a Scene it’s a Goddamned Arm Wrestle

: Interior – Industrial Soviet Beerhall – Night It was late November and cold as hell when I stumbled into the Zhiguli Beer Hall. I was in Moscow, about to take the trans-Mongolian rail line to Beijing, and after finding someone in my hostel who could speak English, had decided