November 12, 2008 | by  | in Online Only |

Movember

It is the time of the year when the mighty men of Aotearoa and their mighty mo-sisters show their solidarity. A group of Salienteers/VUWSA have put together a team of moustachio’d warriors.  Twelve days into our sojourn we deliver you the results.

If you want to help us in our quest to aide the New Zealand Mental Health foundation and the Cancer Society you can donate to our team by clicking here! We’re looking to hit $1000 by the end of the month so please please please help us!

The photographic evidence

2009 Salient Editor Jackson Wood after 12 days of moustache growing.

Dusty, VUWSA Activities Coordinator sporting the dirty mexican look and cat ears.

Carey at the news VUWSA Desk, reception desk that is. Due to the constraints of the Territorials, Careys mo cannot penetrate below lip depth.

Jon, VUWSA advertising and sponsorship manager points to the shiznit that is his mo.

Please sponsor our mo’s. The more you give, the more luxurious they shall become.

Unoffical team member, Peter Manglethwaite has an amazing amount of growth after only 12 days. Opting for the uncultivated mo, the kind Doctor has yet to groom his upperlip.

UPDATE!!!

After rubbing WONDER GROW™ on our upper lips late yesterday afternoon, Jon and I have miraculously sprouted glorious growths.

For results similar to these simply click here and donate to us!

The editor of this fine rag for 2009.

1. Somchai Wongsawat says:

Hot.

2. Peter Manglethwaite says:

You know it sweet cheeks. Now giz us some money.

3. Somchai Wongsawat says:

I did already. Jeez. Stop milking me I’m not a cat.

4. Jacinta says:

Love the moustaches!!! Have you been eating the mo-mite again?

Being female, it’s a little hard for me to grow the necessary facial hair, so I hand-forged a mo from sterling silver that I’m auctioning off on TradeMe. Feel free to check it out at:

And no, I’m not a member of a Movember team (yet). Just in case you were wondering.

5. Jackson Wood says:

Hey Jacinta… maybe you could donate some of the profits to our team since you so nicely used our site as an advertising platform. Nudge nudge wink wink!

6. Jacinta says:

{ nudge, nudge, wink, wink }
    I am thinking that might be a fine idea, just checked your link…
    aha
    team droopy, that is a fine name, lol!!!

7. Jackson Wood says:

Droopy like our moustaches will be… not like other bodily appendages already are…

Thanks very much for your support :D

8. Wee Hamish says:

Jackson Keys

9. Matthew_Cunningham says:

Those moustaches look MAN-tastic

10. Jackson Wood says:

Oh. They’ve only gotten better…