February 23, 2009 | by  | in Music |

Die! Die! Die! & Disasteradio

San Francisco Bath House,
Wednesday Marth 11th

Die! Die! Die!

Having spent the better part of the past four years on the road, Die! Die! Die! want to make your head, heart and soul their home.

The band traveled to Chicago three years ago to cut their first self-titled release with some guy in a brick basement (responsible to some of the greatest records of all time). Needless to say, this record sent the trio on a whirlwind series of countless tours (supporting The Blood Brothers, Wire, Slint, Wolfmother and more), and gained them considerable world-wide notoriety, which no band from their native Dunedin had seen since the Dunedin sound heyday of the ’80s.

In August 2007 Die! Die! Die! recorded their new album Promises, Promises, with New Zealand’s greatest songwriter Shayne Carter producing, and Kevin McMahon engineering in Upstate New York—at the Walkmen’s Studio Marcata. Reminiscent of the spirit and sounds of Black Flag, The Pixies, The Wipers, Wire, and Bailterspace, Die! Die! Die! deliver an unfiltered and powerful stage show. Their relentless tour schedule and onstage antics have earned them a reputation as one of the most energetic and hardest working bands around.

The trio embodies a vitality that has long since made its way into the recent rock and punk circuits. They aren’t a rehearsed set of messages or stage antics, no glitter, no make-up, no phony sass.

Disasteradio

Disasteradio is a band from New Zealand consisting of Luke Rowell (b. 1983) and an excellent Computer. Let’s combine pop melody and electronics with a dash of genre referentialism!

Formally of Sets of 57, branching out as a one-man-band has done nothing to diminish the aural quality of the now one-man-band SETS. Loop pedal, keyboard, guitar, and a funky little television frequency gadget that responds to the music waves, SETS is freaky, awesome, and he hails from Wanganui. Party.

1. Wendy Goh says:

Does anyone know where one can get tickets to this? And how much they are?

10. Cuts From the Deep: Lucille Bogan