February 22, 2009 | by  | in Online Only |

Obama, Key and… Salient!

Drunk on the rhetoric of Obama and Key, Salient has also decided to change.

Change. Good ol’ change. Not change for change’s sake, mind you. But change to bring hope that the Salient site will remain the pinnacle of online (student) journalism in New Zealand.

We haven’t changed anything you liked: the polls, the solid debate and hard-hitting journalism remain. We have added some cool new features that’ll make navigating the site and keeping up with the news as it happens a bit easier.

To you sad, sad people commenting on Friday afternoon, there is a high probability that the comments you posted have been lost in the changeover. Sorry about that. Feel free to re-post your comments, but seriously… no one cares.

We hope you like it.

Salient

Salient is a magazine. Salient is a website. Salient is an institution founded in 1938 to cater to the whim and fancy of students of Victoria University. We are partly funded by VUWSA and partly by gold bullion that was discovered under a pile of old Salients from the 40's. Salient welcomes your participation in debate on all the issues that we present to you, and if you're a student of Victoria University then you're more than welcome to drop in and have tea and scones with the contributors of this little rag in our little hideaway that overlooks Wellington.

1. Jackson Wood says:

Holy friggin shit. Those guys at Catch have made this site the sexiest site. EVAR.

Totally worth that Quantas Media award we’ve been nominated for!

Best feature I forgot to mention: Customisable font page. Each of those little modules can be dragged around to where you want it to sit. So if all you care about is music and the Poll, pull those things up to the top and automagically the next time you come here it’ll be in the same position.

2. katie says:

wow. actually this-years-tech being used at Salient.

How did you swing that past teh budget, lolz. ;-)
    Looks very nice, you’ve managed to impress me.

Now let’s work on the grammar .. I guess the typo’s are what the comments referred to?

3. Jackson Wood says:

Katie: I am drunk. Don’t expect too much.

4. Holy shit. I want to have sex with the website. Is that wrong?

5. I see no problem here…

6. Donal Devlin says:

you see no problem where?

7. Jackson Wood says:

It is only if Salient can’s photograph the event.

8. Mikey says:

Katie: typos” not “typo’s. (Never form non-possessive plurals with an apostrophe!)

9. Jackson Wood says:

Moral of the story: We all make mistakes.

10. We Hamish says:

I dohnt. Evar.

11. Mikey says:

Oh well. As the saying goes, “grammar am for people whom can’t think for myself”.

12. Moomama says:

I cnt c th txt, 2 grey

13. Boner says:

Of course, you could probably do the whole thing for free* by asking some random on IRC if they’re interested in designing a website.

* Chances are they’ll get bored in a matter of days and just stop working on it.