February 23, 2009 | by  | in Music |

Ping Pong Country & Volcana

Mighty Mighty,

Thursday March 12th

Ping Pong Country

TV DiSKO and MC Conrad bring their show back for 2009. Swing and swagger to hillbilly boogie, western swing and the lot. Oh, and all while you’re playing a good ol’ fashioned German-style ping pong. Hurrah!

Volcana

Volcana is a rocka-psychobilly/garage two piece born in Wellington about three and a half years ago. Sonia plays the drums and Eugene plays guitar and sings. They are currently working on an album and an EP which they hope to release later this year. Their influences include Gun Club, The Cramps and ‘The Phantom’ Jerry Lott. You’d be silly to miss this, really. Joining them are Terror of the Deep, who have gained a bassist and gone from two-man genius to three-super-human wall-of-awesome. While they’re not exactly garage, folk or singer/songwritery, they kind of take the best bits of all three, add a large dollop of intellect, and make you want to dance a bit, cry a bit, then give them a hug and say you know how they feel and it’s awesome. And with an entire new set in just under a month they never get boring. Nice.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos