February 18, 2009 | by  | in Online Only |

Salient is blacked out

New Zealand's new Copyright Law presumes 'Guilt Upon Accusation' and will Cut Off Internet Connections without a trial. Join the black out protest against it!Salient is blacked out: Stand up against “Guilt Upon Accusation” for New Zealand. Join The New Zealand Internet Blackout

Public Demonstration

In Wellington on the steps of Parliament on Thursday 19th at MIDDAY with a petition handover at 12:30pm. This is a positive event where we will hand out hundreds of CDs and thank the politicians that support us – so please keep it friendly and polite. While we appreciate people arranging their own demonstrations it might be best if we don’t dilute our numbers with multiple events.

We want everyone reading this to email everyone they know in Wellington about this. We can’t let this be another internet protest that results in few people turning up. This is important so we need to prove it in numbers.

Salient supports the repeal of guilt upon accusation laws. Visit creativefreedom.org.nz for for information.

The editor of this fine rag for 2009.

1. Superior Mind says:

Is that THE Stephen Fry or just someone with the same name?

2. Jackson Wood says:

Yes it is THE Stephen Fry.

3. Superior Mind says:

Funky. I’d black out something but not having anything resembling facebook or myspace or whatever… would you let me add my web-signature to the petition under the name Superior Mind or would I have to use my actual name?

1