Government Pleases Stephen Fry

A nationwide protest has lead to Section 92A being amended.

The controversial amendment was due to come into force on March 27, but Cabinet has decided that the law needs to be changed to address areas of concern.

Commerce Minister Simon Power announced the amendment, saying that “Allowing section 92A to come into force in its current format would not be appropriate given the level of uncertainty around its operation. These discussions have exposed some aspects of section 92A which require further consideration.”

Section 92A of the Copyright Act 1994 requires Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to have a policy to terminate the internet account of repeat copyright infringers in appropriate circumstances. Its announcement lead to 200 people marching on Parliament in protest, and started an internet blackout campaign which enlisted the support of British comedian Stephen Fry.

The decision to amend the law has met with widespread support. “National’s redrafting of section 92A will hopefully ensure there is a process to make it work,” said Clare Curran, Labour’s spokesperson on Communications and IT.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,