Shit food discussed within earshot of shit food

A quiet Student Representative Council (SRC) meeting was held last Wednesday at Mount Street bar to discuss the quality of food offered on campus.

Presided over by an abridged version of the Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association Executive and little more, the meeting was unable to meet the 50-person quorum needed to pass any motions, though a passionate discussion of the topic did unfurl.

VUWSA Campaigns Officer Sam Oldham firstly apologised for the inflammatory use of the description “shit food” in posters advertising the SRC, an inclusion VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle had not approved of.

Freemantle, who had not seen the final poster draft prior to printing, had insisted upon an “appropriate” slogan to entice students to attend the SRC, and felt that any use of the word “shit” would be needlessly inflammatory.

Oldham, who campaigned on a platform of improving the standards of food on campus during the 2008 VUWSA election, was unrepentant.

“I’m sorry if this did offend anybody, that wasn’t the intention,” Oldham said.

“But the food on campus is pretty shit.”

Oldman promised to continue lobbying for a “greater variety” of food choices, particularly vegetarian and vegan, and called upon the university to allow the dispelled Hare Krishner group to return to campus.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop