Shit food discussed within earshot of shit food

A quiet Student Representative Council (SRC) meeting was held last Wednesday at Mount Street bar to discuss the quality of food offered on campus.

Presided over by an abridged version of the Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association Executive and little more, the meeting was unable to meet the 50-person quorum needed to pass any motions, though a passionate discussion of the topic did unfurl.

VUWSA Campaigns Officer Sam Oldham firstly apologised for the inflammatory use of the description “shit food” in posters advertising the SRC, an inclusion VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle had not approved of.

Freemantle, who had not seen the final poster draft prior to printing, had insisted upon an “appropriate” slogan to entice students to attend the SRC, and felt that any use of the word “shit” would be needlessly inflammatory.

Oldham, who campaigned on a platform of improving the standards of food on campus during the 2008 VUWSA election, was unrepentant.

“I’m sorry if this did offend anybody, that wasn’t the intention,” Oldham said.

“But the food on campus is pretty shit.”

Oldman promised to continue lobbying for a “greater variety” of food choices, particularly vegetarian and vegan, and called upon the university to allow the dispelled Hare Krishner group to return to campus.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip