News in Brief

VUWSA considering pro-bono offer, position on U2 unclear

Victoria University of Wellington’s St-dent Association is considering an offer from a former Victoria law student to represent the association pro-bono should the association choose to take Joel Cosgrove to court.

The 2008 President owes the Association $1200, and despite repeated requests, has yet to do so.

VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle said she is giving the offer some thought, and expects to make a decision on it within the next fortnight.

Vic students miraculously raise $17k without breaking law

Brendon Dallas, a recent commerce graduate and Ben Scully, who is taking a break from his commerce degree, have made serving children with leukaemia a bit easier for The Cure Kids charity. The boys spent their summer cycling the length of New Zealand as a way to fundraise for this needy cause, raising $17K in the process.

CBRE+ NZCCM= Ribbert. Ribbert. Ribbert.

An ongoing study into the captive breeding of frogs as a conservation measure, is just one of the projects of research groups from Victoria’s Centre for Biodiversity and Restoration Ecology (CBRE), and the New Zealand Centre for Conservation Medicine (NZCCM) at Auckland Zoo, who have agreed to exchange scientific information.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn