May 11, 2009 | by  | in Opinion Theatre |

Comedy Cure Presents Word on the Street

Comedy Cure’s TJ McDonald, Jim Stanton, Cameron Murray and Sarah Harpur performed a unique and memorable show at BATS Theatre on Wednesday night. Word on the Street wove together a combination of sketches, stand-up, songs and film with the same quirky sense of humour. As someone who usually only sees stand-up comedy, I found it very refreshing to see sketches and film incorporated into the show. I found the Titanic Wedding water-cooler sketch and the Hindenburg joke from Cameron both hilarious. The stand-up from all four was excellent and was cleverly broken up by use of the other multimedia. Despite the technical difficulties the group experienced throughout the show, the response from the audience was very positive for the areas that ran smoothly. The dramatic finale to the show was definitely my favourite part. It showcased the way opera should be. Word on the Street looks set to be strong show once the technical difficulties are ironed out. These four talented performers are definitely worth seeing.