May 18, 2009 | by  | in Theatre |

Comedy Round Table: The Last Bit

When I decided to do a Comedy Round Table I imagined knights, dragons, and brutally murdering Saracens. Instead it was Uther Dean and I stinking at each other while Dominique Lecchi and Fiona McNamara, well, they stunk too. It was a hot sticky room. But in a bad way.

The Burn, BATS 19–23 of Feb. BATS.
The guys who bought you Tim & Andy are back with a similar show but set in a video store in hell. It’s one of the few comedy plays that have taken part in the Wellington leg of the Comedy Festival and it’s going to be the most enjoyable play on next week. (Ooh, burn Shakespeare!) When asked her feelings on The Burn’s creative team, Fiona replied. “Yeah, I love them.” High praise.

My show Emissary is on 20-23 May at Happy and Uther said to say that he said that I shouldn’t mention it because of a comedy conflict of interest, but you know what, fuck you kid. It’ll be sweet.

Dom and I fought over who got to see the Comediettes (Fringe Bar), because I’m a fag, she’s a hag, and they are all separately cool and funny. Also, they have really nice shoes. If you are going to go see one group of comedians of a singularly female gender, then choose these people. They definitely aren’t your drunk aunt making her C-Section scar into a smiley face, that’s for sure.

Jerome’s Comedy Hour, HAPPY Bar
I love Jerome Chandrahasen, and have this mad comedy crush on Cruzanne Macalister which Dom also has. I am in critical love with Dom’s perceptions.

Finally and with sweaty disgust Uther said he’d go see that lost Shakespeare play Cardenio at Studio 77. Good luck bro, there’s new and sexy comedy afoot in the town centre.

Then I went out and slew a dragon that had recently arrived from the middle east with my sword, and the Comedy Round Table was over for evs. The End.

1