May 25, 2009 | by  | in Online Only |

Notices on the Internet

notices

Notices can be submited to the Editor before Wednesday midday the week before you need them to editor@salient.org.nz.

SOS Prayer Pit

You are invited to a prayer gathering and yummy dinner. Come dwell and ask Jesus to flood VicUni with His LOvE!

WED the 27th of May
Meeting Rooms 1 and 2 Student Union Building

Victoria New Dance Club

We are Vic Popping Club. Have you heard of Popping? Popping is one of the most important street dance styles in Funk Style Dance from the West Coast. It’s based on the technique of quickly contracting and relaxing muscles to cause a jerk in the dancer’s body. There are many other styles in Funk Style Dance like Boogaloo, Locking, Robot, Cobra, Wave, Puppet, and heaps more. In this club, our primary style is Popping, but YES, we will still teach them ALL!! We also teach students how to solo dance, it’s the best thing in Funk Style. After a series of lessons, students will be able to dance to the music, solo with their own creative funky moves!
Wanna learn some moves? Ask for more details!

Contact: Slinky at VicPoppingClub@gmail.com

Chaplaincy

Samoan Mass celebrating Samoan Language Week: Thurs 28 May at 4 Kelburn Parade. Lunch will follow Mass.

Let’s talk about Sex: Theology of the Body – June 2nd at Kohanga, 4KP. All welcome. Contact Jason at Jason.Mackiewicz@vuw.ac.nz for info or just turn up.

Free Lunch happens at 4KP each 12.50 each Monday of Term. Come see it to believe…

Women’s Group Film Screening

Monday 25th of May
6pm, Meeting Room 3
All genders welcome. Bring a plate!

The Music & Artists’ Social Club

The Music & Artists’ Social Club presents… Henry MacAfee, Malone, The Novelist, and The Improv Noise Band. Wednesday 27 May at Happy. 8pm kick-off. $5 entry. See www.myspace.com/musartsocialclub for more details on who we are and what we do.

AA

Any members of AA or people interested in a student meeting, please support the first official student AA meeting being held every Thursday at 4:30pm, in the Collins Room. If you are worried about the impact your drinking is having on your life, please feel free to attend.
For enquires email aameetingstudent@hotmail.com.

Toastmasters!!!

Wednesday’s, 12-1pm, Collins Room, Student Union Building

Because communication isn’t optional, Toastmasters is a club dedicated to helping people practice public speaking in a fun and supportive environment.
Everyone – no matter what your current public speaking ability – is welcome. Come along and see what Toastmasters is all about.

Visit us online at vicuni.freetoasthost.info

CAREERS & JOBS

Vic Careers & CareerHub Jobs: http://careerhub.vuw.ac.nz (Login using your Student Computing Login)

Careers in Focus Seminar: Accounting Graduates Working in Small to Medium Sized Firms (SMEs) (27 May)
– Get ‘hot tips’ from recent graduates, for winning that job!
– Great networking opportunity
– Book your place on CareerHub under Events

Graduate Recruitment and Summer Internships 2009/2010 – Applications closing for:
Christmas Gouwland Ltd—27 May
PKF Martin Jarvie—29 May
Contact Energy—29 May
Newmont Asia Pacific—31 May
United Nations University—31 May
Fonterra—1 Jun
Transpower—1 Jun
Tonkin & Taylor—5 Jun
NZICA (Executive Insight Programme)—5 Jun
ANZ National—7 Jun
Westpac—8 Jun
Datacom—12 Jun
Beca—14 Jun

Employer Presentations – book on CareerHub, under Events
ANZ—25 May

Queries? Visit Vic Careers at 14 Kelburn Parade, 463-5393, email careers-service@vuw.ac.nz, http://www.victoria.ac.nz/careers

CAREERHUB is your ONE STOP SHOP to JOBS: Part time, Full time, Summer Internships, Voluntary Work. Register / Login NOW! http://careerhub.vuw.ac.nz.

Victoria Broadcasting Club

– Want to gain experience working in the media alongside your degree? The VBC 88.3FM, Victoria University’s student & community radio station, are looking for volunteer music programming assistants and content producers, people to join our news team and writers for the BandWagon gig guide. Email programming@vbc.org.nz or pop in to The VBC office on the ground floor of the Student Union Building and talk to Kristen if you’re keen to get involved!

French Club

The VUW French Club is looking for a very enthusiastic person to direct our play for 2009. This year we are staging a translation of “A Midsummer Night’s dream”.
You don’t have to speak French at all – you just need a passion for theatre!!
To register interest, email Glenn at glennwilson888@hotmail.com

Pregnant on Campus?

Have a chat with other pregnant women in a friendly, supportive environment.
12pm, Thursday 28th of May
Women’s Room
Email the WRO for more information at wro@vuwsa.org.nz.

1. Issue 09 Volume 81: Tight Ass Content
  2. Old Fashioned Scones
  4. Synthpop with Virtual Vice & Hybrid Rose
  6. Ask the Advocate
  8. Tutorial Derailed by Man Who “Just Wants to Follow on From That”
  9. A Tight Contest for Loose Forwards
  10. This is Not a Music Review