Students wanted to hang out with Tintin in Tibet

Have you got plans for the mid-year break yet? How about spending 3 weeks in a private tour of Tibet with 20 other students, all for just $4500?

The tour, which is being organised by PhD student Alistair Shaw, is a chance for students to experience the sights of Tibet, as well as some more unique attractions.

“The tour involves a trip to Potala Palace, Jokhang Monastery, and Basongcuo Lake. There will be a chance to meet with Tibetan students and some Han Chinese students too,” Shaw said.

Having taken a trip to the Tibetan province of Sichuan in 2007, Mr Shaw told Salient that he has knowledge of the area that would be particularly insightful for students who are interested in Tibetan history.

“It’s an opportunity for students, based on contacts I have developed through my research and other work… it’s a study tour as well as a sightseeing tour.”

The trip is limited to people 20 and runs from June 15 til July 4. The cost is $4500, which Shaw said “is about half what someone could do it for themselves, or through any other tour”. Mr Shaw operates the tour privately and said he does so on a non-profit basis. If you are interested in the tour of Tibet, contact Alistair Shaw at alistair.s@me.com before May 15.

1. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube
  9. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  10. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy