June 2, 2009 | by  |

Tampom pom: Diane Spencer @ Happy

theatre

Diane Spencer is a lady. I verified this in the way that you usually do—through asking and being given a baffled look of incomprehension. On stage she was a little British hornet of darkness packed into a tight redheadedness that complemented her lovely grey jeans, recently acquired in a Wellingtonian store. If you’ve ever read Grant Buist’s Brunswick or Jitterati, you’d see much of Fitz Bunny in her. If you haven’t, well, learning city-specific pop-cultural references are an important part of being at Victoria University. Oh look! A fountain made of buckets! How refereshing!

I greatly enjoyed watching Diane as she orated through her mother, weddings, and other chick stuff like talking binge drinking tampons without it grating on my delicate sensibilities. She had a story that was about her becoming the red-headed yoghurt girl on the telly. This was quick, and many comic moments were had in the over-arching amusement which both vilified and agrandised Ms Spencer in that order. Why am I describing how this bit worked? No reason.

If you ever wished Sarah Silverman was smarter and from Somerset, go see Diane Spencer.

Nic Sando is a god amongst men, fifteen fathoms high he be, with strange and wyrd powers at his disposal. Only a fool won't harken his ears to the east when he hears The Sando man stumping his way. http://thesando.com

1. Wow, I am utterly delighted. Thank you Nic, for coming to see me!

1. Airing Victoria’s laundry
  2. The Golden Speculum
  3. There’s no such thing as “post-racial feminism”
  4. Girls Don’t Like Sleep, Girls Like Coffee and Diarrhea
  5. Allies vs. Axis
  6. I’m a grown woman and I can do whatever I want
  7. Feminist FAQs
  8. On Joan Didion
  9. Ask Agatha
  10. Editorial—Issue 19, 2015
freemasons

Freemasons: Just Dudes Being Dudes

: There is not a single person who has been to South America who has not told everyone they have been to South America—not even the CEO of the New Zealand Freemasons