June 2, 2009 | by  | in Games Theatre |

Tampom pom: Diane Spencer @ Happy

Diane Spencer is a lady. I verified this in the way that you usually do—through asking and being given a baffled look of incomprehension. On stage she was a little British hornet of darkness packed into a tight redheadedness that complemented her lovely grey jeans, recently acquired in a Wellingtonian store. If you’ve ever read Grant Buist’s Brunswick or Jitterati, you’d see much of Fitz Bunny in her. If you haven’t, well, learning city-specific pop-cultural references are an important part of being at Victoria University. Oh look! A fountain made of buckets! How refereshing!

I greatly enjoyed watching Diane as she orated through her mother, weddings, and other chick stuff like talking binge drinking tampons without it grating on my delicate sensibilities. She had a story that was about her becoming the red-headed yoghurt girl on the telly. This was quick, and many comic moments were had in the over-arching amusement which both vilified and agrandised Ms Spencer in that order. Why am I describing how this bit worked? No reason.

If you ever wished Sarah Silverman was smarter and from Somerset, go see Diane Spencer.

Nic Sando is a god amongst men, fifteen fathoms high he be, with strange and wyrd powers at his disposal. Only a fool won't harken his ears to the east when he hears The Sando man stumping his way. http://thesando.com

1. Wow, I am utterly delighted. Thank you Nic, for coming to see me!

1. Turns out there wasn’t a bomb LOL
  2. IDF soldiers speak on campus
  3. Why I voted for fee rises
  4. Fuck the Establishment
  5. Facebook upset over fee rises
  6. Hack Like Nobody’s Watching
  7. The Ian Curtis Memorial Wall, Wallace Street: An Investigation
  8. Why I Hate Baby Boomers
  9. Foibles of a Foxton Forger
  10. Coppers Become Croppers

In the Shadow of the Kowloon Walled City

: At its peak, the Kowloon Walled City was home to 33,000 people in just two hectares of land—a hastily put together conglomerate of tiny apartments, one of top of the other, caged balconies slapped onto the sides and connected through a labyrinth of damp, dark corridors.