BECOMEZ TEH CLASS REP PLZ

exec

Kia ora, kia ora. The time has come once again to volunteer to be a Class Representative. Hopefully, all Class Representatives were elected last week, but if one of your courses is one of the stragglers, get on to it! Being a Class Rep is like, oh-em-gee, way awesome.

If you are elected as a Class Representative, you get free training from VUWSA (and maybe free stuff too… I say maybe but only because I’m being coy. There is actually free stuff.) As well as that, you get a classy certificate once you’ve served your term, and you can say that you were a Class Rep on your CV, which is kinda cool. It makes you look responsible and empathetic and all that, which is great, huh?

Being a Class Rep isn’t a huge job. Basically it’s providing a contact point between students, the University (lecturers, etc.) and VUWSA. It makes life on campus a little bit easier for everyone when you know you’ve got someone who is there to help you. Because Class Reps are trained, they will know what to do when a situation arises.

If your lecturer or school has been a bit slack or whatever, and you don’t have your Class Rep Registration Form or the Class Representative Handbook 2009, go on the VUWSA website, (which has been updated recently—‘jazzed’ up, some would say—geddit?) to pick one up. You can also find the training powerpoint there, if you wanna do a little extra study (totally optional, of course—but you never know. Some people are way keen, which is fantastic.)

Now for convenience’s sake, here are the training times for Class Representatives elected in Trimester 2. Make sure you come along—it’s only short, but it’s fun, too.

If you have any further questions, contact us at the VUWSA Education Team. Over and out.

Freya Eng, Vice President (Educashun)

Thursday 23rd July, 2pm: Kelburn
Meeting Room 2, Level 2, Student Union Building

Friday 24th July, 3pm: Kelburn
Meeting Room 3, Level 2, Student Union Building

Monday 27th July, 3.30pm: Pipitea
RWW315, Pipitea

Tuesday 28th July, 3pm: Kelburn

Friday 17th July, 12pm: Kelburn

Friday 17th July, 2pm: Karori
Room PA0102, Karori

Monday 20th July, 11:30: Pipitea
RWW129, Pipitea

Tuesday 21st July, 12noon: Kelburn

Wednesday 22nd July, 2pm: Te Aro
VS 318, Te Aro

10. Cuts From the Deep: Lucille Bogan