Changes to law degree mooted, get it?

Law students at Victoria University are being encouraged to participate in a survey responding to a set of recommendations about the way Law is taught at the university.

The LLB Review Committee recently released 11 recommendations, which if enacted, will change the shape of Victoria’s law degree.

Among the recommendations posed by the committee, the number of compulsory 300 level electives would be reduced, the Legal Research and Mooting papers would be combined and preferential entry for graduates into second year law courses will be removed.

A recommendation that all students must be required to complete all four 200 level courses before enrolling in 300 level papers was rejected by the Faculty of Law.

The anonymous survey, which will be distributed to law students during the first two weeks of the trimester, will seek to gauge the responses of law students to the recommendations.

It will give students two opportunities to offer their thoughts upon two recommendations or another law-related issue.

The survey’s results will then be summarised and presented to the Faculty.

A copy of the recommendations will be included with the survey. The results of the review are expected to be announced before the end of the year.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.