Oh, Just Some News in Brief

Classy reps wanted
VUWSA is on the look out for class reps for the second trimester.

Class Reps act as facilitating figures who liaison between course co-ordinators and students.

Reps will be fully trained by VUWSA, and have the opportunity to be entered for the Vic Plus award, as well as a range of other freebies.

“Not only that, but you get the warm fuzzy feeling of looking out for your fellow VUW students,” said VUWSA Vice-President of Education Freya Eng.

Interested parties are invited to get in touch with the Education team at

New Association Manager Named
Mark Maguire has been announced as VUWSA’s new Association Manager, taking up the role early last week.

The newly established Association Manager position has come about as part of the much debated VUWSA Change Proposal.

The role is largely concerned with the finance and governance of association matters, and is answerable to the President and the VUWSA Exec.

However, Salient was informed by VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle that Maguire would be unavailable for comment on much of anything given his position as a proverbial VUWSA working bee.

Despite nothing being known about the new association manager, a Google search has indicated that Maguire hit 58 home runs in the 1997 Major League Baseball season, is a successful real estate agent from Essex, and boasts THE Ralf Berger among his Facebook friends.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America