St George food going down gurgler.

Fuck you, you’re not getting a dragon pic

Questions have been raised about the wastage of some of Victoria University’s halls of residence after one hall cited effort as an excuse for not donating excess food to charity.

Attempts made by St George Hall residents to set up recycling and get the excess food to be donated to charity were ignored by the hall’s catering company MAD Catering, believing it would be too much effort to do so.

Residents at St George have voiced unhappiness with the decision.

“We pay a lot to live here. We pay for the food, therefore if we want the leftovers to go to charity then that’s where they should go,” said resident Kerry Gallagher.

Manager of Wellington’s Night Shelter Mike Leon, which was the recent recipient of a donation of rice from Massey University earlier in the week, said he was always receptive of food donations.

He said the shelter would be willing to co-ordinate with other charities to fit the cost of transport and storage of excess food.

The shelter caters to 47 men per night who would otherwise sleep on the streets, and this year has had to purchase more beds to keep up with the greatest demand it has seen in its 40-year history.

Both Weir House and Victoria House have recycling processes in place, but do not have a donation policy in place.

“Weir House and Vic House do not need to donate excess food to charity, as the students are able to go back for seconds, and most food gets eaten,” said Victoria Director of Student Services Ruth Moorhouse.

1. Second test
  2. test test
  3. Recipes from the Suffrage Cookbook
  4. Beneath Skin and Bone
  5. No Common Ground
  6. Chris Dave and the Drumhedz
  7. Good Girls
  8. Winter Warmers: Home Alone
  9. Winter Warmers: About Time
  10. Sex at Dawn