Te Ao Mārama 2009

KO TE REO E KŌREROHIA KA ORA!

TE AO MĀRAMA 2009
Proudly brought to you by Ngāi Tauira Māori Students Association
Creative Writing Competition!!!
Submissions close 5pm Friday 17th July 2009

Māori Short Story
(max 1000 words)
PRIZE PACK WORTH $150 containing He Pātaka Kupu: Te kai a te Rangatira, Te Aka Reo & Ngā Pepeha. We are looking for creative pieces of writing in Te Reo Māori. This is open to all writers of Te Reo Māori and in all levels of proficiency.

Comical Māori Literature
(max 1000 words)
CASH PRIZE OF $150. For the savvy experienced writer who is also proficient in Te Reo Māori, the challenge is to create a comical piece of literature that is critical about one of the following issues and its effect on Māori. This competition is open to all writers of Te Reo Māori. Topics are, (i) The super city and Māori representation (ii) From urbanization in Aotearoa to Australia (iii) Opposites Attract: Māori Party and National Party coalition

Best essays in Mao121
(max 800 words)
Mao 211/221, Mao311/321
(400 words)
If you have a piece of writing that you have submitted in these papers and don’t mind sharing it in the next Te Ao Mārama, Māori edition of Salient July 2009 send it in to us and if it is published you will receive a copy of Aka Reo valued at $50. Submissions must be from current students enrolled in these papers at Victoria University of Wellington.
All successful submissions will be published in Te Ao Mārama 2009 Publication during Te Wiki o Te Reo. Submissions exceeding the word limit will not be entered. All submissions will remain the property of the writer.

MUST BE IN TE REO MĀORI!

Submit to Pania Lee
pania.Lee@vuw.ac.nz