Bobby confirms bye bye

Newly elected President of Can-Do, Robert Latimer, has officially resigned his post as Education Officer on VUWSA’s Exec.

Latimer’s resignation had been announced at Can-Do’s AGM two weeks ago, but had not been made official until last Wednesday when the written resignation was delivered.

He cited both a need to focus on his studies and a well-established dislike of VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle’s style as the impetus for resigning.

He also cited a perceived “conflict of interest” with relationships within the association.

“The lack of transparency inside VUWSA in regards to relationships between the President and Vice-President [Education] which as not been disclosed that they are in a form of relationship of an adult nature,” Latimer said in his resignation.

“This I believe this is a conflict of interest which the students need to know about.”

VUWSA President Jasmine Freemantle said she wished Latimer well in his role as Can-Do President.

In light of Latimer’s resignation, VUWSA has opened applications for Acting Welfare Officer.

The Acting Welfare Officer will have all the rights and responsibilities of an executive member with the exception that they are not able to cast a vote at executive meetings.

The Acting Welfare Officer will be appointed at the Exec’s weekly meeting on 19 August.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.