August 3, 2009 | by  | in Visual Arts |

Bodhi Vincent Drawings

visual

Bodhi Vincent’s background is in sculpture and illustration and his lively, stylised murals colour pigeon park and that bright alley leading from Courtenay Place to St James’ carpark.

This exhibition atFramework shows a softer side to a well-known Kapiti artist and key figure in Raumati South’s blossoming creative scene.

The show is comprised of around forty works that sensitively capture moments in time in pencil, ink and watercolours. Bodhi’s trademark style is bold, a feature shared by his sketches, but drawing requires a heightened sensitivity, keen observational skills and a quick, precise reaction of the hand to the eye. Looking at Bodhi’s spontaneous, fluid lines, each full of subtlety and character, it seems as though the pencil sketching has an eye of its own.

This collection of affordably priced works captures moments of introspection, elegance, attitude and vulnerability: it includes candid character studies and beautiful, sensitive and sensual drawings of male and female nudes. There are also some surreal, dreamlike visions, and café scenes, including a soulful series of Lembas musicians.

Bodhi Vincent Drawings
Framework Gallery, Seaview Road, Paraparaumu
July 20–August 9

1. There’s a New Editor
1