Bye bye Bobby

Although unconfirmed when Salient went to print, rumours have abound that controversial VUWSA Exec member Robert Latimer plans to resign his role as Education Officer.

Latimer’s election to the position of President of Can-Do, the disability students’ rep group, is believed to be a reason for the resignation.

Recent reports have also suggested Latimer had consulted with a number of sources within VUWSA about his future as an exec member following an unsuccessful attempt to roll him at a Special General Meeting last month.

Latimer has gained notoriety in recent times for losing VUWSA’s confidential food bank database, as well as being at the forefront of an attempt to role President Jasmine Freemantle.

Tensions between Latimer and Freemantle have been strained in recent times, with a number of verbal altercations being reported on in Salient.

Salient’s Eye on Exec column has also reported that Latimer has failed to produce a work report over the course of three weeks.

Check Salient’s website for further updates on this story as they come to hand.

UPDATE:

Salientcan now confirm that Robert Latimer has resigned from the VUWSA Exec, although he has yet to do so in writing. The announcement was made during last Thursday’s CanDo AGM, but as to why Salient heard one titbit of information and not the other, it does not know. It blames Old Timer’s Disease.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1. Ka kite, Robert. Ka kite.

2. Gibbon says:

you’re 71 don’t blame yourself it happens

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties