Exec experiments with going bi–

Weekly that is

The VUWSA exec is set to have less group bonding time, after a unanimous decision was made at the last exec meeting to hold exec meetings fortnightly instead of weekly.

President Jasmine Freemantle said that VUWSA is only required to have 12 exec meetings each year. The exec has had “almost 30” so far this year.

“A move to fortnightly Executive meetings logically flows from the executive’s emphasis on the separation between governance and management,” Freemantle said.

“It is highly unusual for a governance board to meet weekly; a fortnightly meeting structure is much more conducive to the functions of the executive as a governance board,” she added.

Supplementary exec meetings can be called within 24 hours if the need arises.

Freemantle said the exec members will still be required to submit regular work reports for the approval of the exec.

“These will now be fortnightly, rather than weekly, and will contain all elements that weekly reports did previously.”

Editor for 2010, politics nerd, panda fan and three-time award-winning student journalist.

1. There’s a New Editor
1