LOL News

With that guy who got 2nd in Paid News

Holy shit, two Vic students are kind of a big deal over on C4

Two Victoria University students have struck it big by winning a television talent contest!

Anna Grahame and Joshua Stewart, both Weir House residents, were winners of C4’s ‘Fame’ talent search.

The duo will perform live at the New Zealand premier of Fame at Sky City Auckland in addition to a Fame prize pack consisting of a satchel, soundtrack, photo magnet and military cap.

Holy shit, they’re not saying Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but they haven’t seen proof he didn’t either

Fox News personality and ardent Obama detractor Glenn Beck has incurred the wrath of the internet who’ve claimed that while they can’t prove he raped and murdered a girl in 1990, they haven’t seen proof he hasn’t.

Beck carved a deep niche in the conservative cake by hinting US President Barack Obama wasn’t an American citizen.

“I’m not saying President Obama wasn’t born in the United States, but I haven’t seen any proof against it,” Beck said on his Fox News show.

The response from the douche-hating internet was aggressive, with a number of forums pushing the “Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990” line.

A website GlennBeckRapedAndMurderedAYoungGirlIn1990.com was established that said “Notice: This site is parody/satire. We assume Glenn Beck did not rape and murder a young girl in 1990, although we haven’t yet seen proof that he didn’t. But we think Glenn Beck definitely uses tactics like this to spread lies and misinformation.”

Salient hasn’t seen any proof that Glenn Beck didn’t rape and murder a young girl in 1990 either, but I guess it can reasonably assume he didn’t.

Holy shit, Whanganui to get an H. Mhichael Lhaws piHssed.

In a move that has angered radio host, mayor, and part-time comedian Michael Laws, the New Zealand Geographic Board has ruled the utopia of Wanganui should be renamed “Whanganui”.

The unanimous decision came after extensive consultation and submission from the public and Iwi.

The board received 889 public submissions, with 444 opposed, and 436 in support of the proposed change. Nine were neutral.

Wanganui Mayor Michael Laws argued that the change was unnecessary and went against the wishes of the Wanganui public.

A council-sponsored survey showed that 77% of those surveyed weren’t in support of the city changing its name.

77% of most New Zealanders, Salient assumes, don’t know or care where Wanganui is or what the hell it’s called.

Holy shit, Obama called Kanye West a jackass!

Footage has surfaced of US President Barack Obama calling hiphop superstar and fan of fishsticks Kanye West a “jackass” for remarks he made at the MTV Video Awards.

The rapper stormed the stage just after the first award, for Best Female Video, was presented to Taylor Swift. He cut the teen singer off, grabbing the mic and protesting in support of Beyonce.

“I’m happy for you Taylor, and I’ll let them finish your speech in a minute, but I just wanted to say that Beyonce had one of the best videos this year!” West said.

President Obama, speaking candidly to an NBC reporter, took exception to West’s shenanigans and dropped the J bomb while apparently off the record.

“He’s a jackass,” the leader of the free world said without a hint of irony.

West issued an apology on his website for the interruption, but the internet has yet to issue an apology for the surge of unfunny memes West’s outburst brought to the fore.

Holy shit, someone in France wants to kiss 100 strangers, write a book about it, and milk a gullible world into caring, and by that I mean paying money to her for details of her hilarious exploits, which will no doubt be hilarious and/or worthy of presentation in any written format.

See headline.

Kia ora, biography box, kia ora.

1