Viva La Visa!

A two-year programme allowing tertiary students and recent graduates holding a valid New Zealand or Australian passport to work almost anywhere in the USA is set to continue.

Launched in 2007, the program was initially a two-year trial period which expired in early September. After some deliberation, the US Government recently decided to extend the 12-month J1 Visa until further notice.

International travel and non-profit work organisation International Exchange Programs (IEP) company director Bex Gilchrist is optimistic about the options offered to young New Zealanders by the programme.

“On a twelve-month work and travel visa you can experience the real USA. Our participants come back from their time in the States with a real appreciation for the diversity of the people and the experiences it offers.”

IEP offers employment assistance to New Zealanders leaving New Zealand and during their time in the US in order to ease them into the tight, recession-affected US job market.

1. Body with Olie Body
  2. How To: Saving Money, and Your Life, Under Capitalism
  3. Local Anti-Vaxxer “Shocked” After Dying of Measles
  4. Zero Carbon? Zero Problems?
  5. Announced Welfare Reform Leaves Beneficiaries Short-Changed
  6. Restorative Justice Policies Proposed for VUW
  7. New Sustainability Committee “Sussing for Students”
  8. PIKI WELLINGTON LAUNCH
  9. Name Change Horse Finally Gets a Funeral
  10. Activists Say SAS Raid Inquiry Lacks Transparency