Viva La Visa!

A two-year programme allowing tertiary students and recent graduates holding a valid New Zealand or Australian passport to work almost anywhere in the USA is set to continue.

Launched in 2007, the program was initially a two-year trial period which expired in early September. After some deliberation, the US Government recently decided to extend the 12-month J1 Visa until further notice.

International travel and non-profit work organisation International Exchange Programs (IEP) company director Bex Gilchrist is optimistic about the options offered to young New Zealanders by the programme.

“On a twelve-month work and travel visa you can experience the real USA. Our participants come back from their time in the States with a real appreciation for the diversity of the people and the experiences it offers.”

IEP offers employment assistance to New Zealanders leaving New Zealand and during their time in the US in order to ease them into the tight, recession-affected US job market.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos