Stuff.co.nz Create Web of Lies

Bowie afraid of New Zealanders too

Fans are suing New Zealand news website Stuff.co.nz after being led to believe Da-vid Bo-wie, or simply ‘Package’, would headline Big Day Out 2010.

Last Tuesday, die-hard fans opened their email inboxes to find the first announcement did not contain the words “Bowie, David” and have since decided to sue the fuck out of those lying cheating stuff.co.nz bastards. Fans sent a clear message last week when photos of faecal matter, tagged ‘stuff.co.nz’ surfaced on several Facebook profiles. Fans of Bowie say that Stuff is very much like Wikipedia.

“If Stuff says it, it is fucking true!” yelled one enraged groupie.

Because of such disappointment, Counselling Services at Victoria are overwhelmed with a large proportion of the student body suffering from what they call “Acute Bowie Anxiety Disorder”.

Early symptoms include dressing up in tights, stuffing socks down your crotch, and singing ‘Dance Magic’ around Campus while trying to morph into an owl. More serious cases include individuals painting their faces to reassemble Ziggy Stardust with vocabulary being reduced to “Ziggy played… Guitaaaaaaaaaaar!”

“We’re doing what we can,” says a representative of Victoria Counselling Services, “But there are only so many times we can screen Labyrinth in one day!”

Accusing Stuff.co.nz of lying to the nation, infuriated fans formed the Bowie Brigade and enlisted the help of top attorney Harold Whitman at the initial hearing in Wellington’s High Court last Friday afternoon. Whitman arrived and sought out the free snacks, spending more of his time deciding between a blueberry or apple muffin than overlooking case notes.

“I just think everyone deserves a chance to get what they want. I wanted a muffin and let me tell you, this is a tasty muffin. Try the apple,” Whitman continues, “The point is stuff.co.nz said Bowie would be coming. But is he…? No seriously, is he? I have no idea. Shit, let me check my notes… Nope, he’s not.”

As far as Whitman was concerned, this was an open and shut case in favour of the Bowie Brigade, but when neither party bothered to show up in court, the case was thrown out just before teatime.

The Bowie Brigade nor stuff.co.nz were available for comment. 

1. Bowie says:

You, my friend, are hilaaaarious.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos