February 22, 2010 | by  | in Opinion |

Eye on the Exec

Eye on exec

It’s hard for me to keep my mouth shut for an hour. But, I will be. Every week. For a whole hour. Why? To bring you all the news and important things you need to know from the VUWSA student exec meetings.

This week: money, bouncy castles deemed too dangerous, and vacancy absent.

The exec started the year off well, by approving the 2010 budgets for both UniQ and the Mature Students’ Network.

Sadly, Salient’s hopes of a bouncy castle at Orientation were dashed by the Mature Students’ Network’s research, finding it would be a risk to student safety. However, with the help of the budget approved by the exec, there will be a presence on campus for the Network, which launched last year.

UniQ will be running Pride Week again this year, and with the assistance approved by the exec, will be able to represent students at the National Conference in Christchurch.

No mention was made of the vacant Vice-President (Administration) position, however, Salient was assured that it is on the agenda to be discussed at later meetings. If you are interested in running for the position, please contact Max Hardy (your President) on president@vuwsa.org.nz, or head into the VUWSA office. Go on. You could be good.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

8. Issue 10 – Like and Subscribe
  9. An Overdue Lesson in Anatomy
  10. Astral Rejection