February 22, 2010 | by  | in Music |

Ladi6 and DJ Parks

For the first time since July 2009, Ladi6 and DJ Parks are headlining a gig in Wellington. Throw in support from Julien Dyne, and you have yourself an O-Week event that’s not to be missed, brought to you by VUWSA and the San Francisco Bath House.

A year on from the release of her gold-selling debut album Time is Not Much (awarded best Urban/Hip-Hop album at the 2009 NZ Music Awards), Ladi6 has toured New Zealand, Australia and Europe, and performed alongside the likes of Alicia Keys, Talib Kweli, De La Soul and The Roots. She is one of the most fully-formed live artists to emerge from New Zealand in the last decade, and 2010 finds her at the top of her game—and touring her home nation, including one night only at the San Francisco Bath House.

Ladi6 is joined by Julien Dyne, the Auckland-based drummer for Opensouls, and now a respected solo artist. Dyne released his debut album Pins & Digits on the prestigious English record label BBE in 2009, to much critical acclaim. His wonky, beat-driven, futuristic soul is the perfect match for Ladi6’s sultry, hip-hop and reggae-influenced tracks—there’s no doubt that their O-Week show will be a great gig to kick off your year at uni.

Ladi6, DJ Parks and Julien Dyne are playing at the San Francisco Bath House on Saturday 6 March. Pre-sale tickets $15 for students and $20 for non-students, plus booking fee, and are available from www.dazzletickets.co.nz (0508 DAZZLE) and Real Groovy.

1. There’s a New Editor
1