February 22, 2010 | by  | in Music |

Street Chant and Nevernudes

Free gig? All ages? Nifty wristbands? Yes please!

Kick off your first weekend of trimester one with a sweet, free and all-ages show at Victoria University’s very own Mount Street Bar, thanks to the kind folks at VUWSA and VBC 88.3FM.

Starting at an early 5.30pm (giving ample time for first years to hit the Big K afterwards), Auckland lovelies Street Chant and the Nevernudes are all set to put on an excellent show while you enjoy a very reasonably priced beer (or a Sprite, for those of us who are still 17).

Formed in 2007, Street Chant have been quite the hive of activity recently. Based in both Auckland and Melbourne, the three-piece band played at the recent Laneway Festival, as well as support for the Black Lips in Australia and an upcoming slot with The Dead Weather. Whether you’re already an avid fan or you’ve never heard of them before, Street Chant are most certainly ‘one to watch’—and why not watch them at Mount Street Bar for free?

Nevernudes bring their mix of punk and post-punk to Wellington, following a summer of touring New Zealand and a slot at Camp A Low Hum 2010. But you won’t see these guys asking for directions—2009 saw the Nevernudes play a number of shows at Cuba St’s Mighty Mighty bar.

Too lazy to walk up the hill and too poor for the cable car? Head on over to the design school at Te Aro, with your student ID, for a free shuttle at 4.30 and 5pm.

Bring your ID to receive an 18+ wristband, which can later be used to get you super-cheap tickets to VBC’s 3rd Birthday, featuring The Mint Chicks, Die! Die! Die! and Bang! Bang! Eche!, all at San Francisco Bathhouse, later that night.

Really, what more could you ask for?

VUWSA and VBC 88.3FM Present:
Street Chant and Nevernudes
5th March
Mount Street Bar
5:30pm
FREE

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos