February 22, 2010 | by  | in Music |

VBC 3rd Birthday

How better to celebrate turning three than to put on one stonker of a show at the San Francisco Bathhouse? Sure beats my third birthday, which was a tumultuous combination of tears and toddlers. For the best third birthday you’ve ever been to, head along to SFBH on 5 March for VBC’s 3rd birthday with none other than The Mint Chicks, Die! Die! Die!, and Bang! Bang! Eche! (No birthday presents required.)

The Mint Chicks have been rather busy, what with relocating to Portland in 2007, losing their bass player, finding their bass player, releasing an album Screens in 2009, and a brand spanking new EP, Bad Buzz, coming out in February. Known for their amazing live performances, a number of catchy tracks and a handful of great videos, The Mint Chicks are sure to put on one hell of a show.

Die! Die! Die! have just recorded album number three—it’s not out yet, but is certain to live up to the band’s history of impressive recordings. Die! Die! Die! have, as usual, been extremely productive—touring, recording, touring—they never ever seem to stop. Fortunately, Die! Die! Die! are gracing us with this non-stop energy for what promises to be a very exciting night!

Bang! Bang! Eche! are a bunch of young punks from Christchurch, formed by T’Nealle Worsley in 2007. They’ve since been picked up by the underground management (New York). And with two EPs out, Bang! Bang! Eche! and Sonic Death Cunttt, you should expect big things from them.

Tickets available from www.dazzletickets.co.nz (0508 DAZZLE), Real Groovy and undertheradar.co.nz.

For one easy booking fee of $3.50 (for both students and regular folk) you can load up all your Orientation events on one card. Cards are available online, at the VUWSA office on campus and the Dazzle ticket booth in the quad during Orientation Week.

If you have a student ticket you will be required to show Student ID at the door.

VBC 3rd Birthday
VUWSA and The VBC 88.3FM PRESENTS:
The Mint Chicks
Die! Die! Die!
Bang! Bang! Eche!
5th March, San Francisco Bath House
Doors 9pm
Students $15/Public $20

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos