Eye on Exec

Eye on exec

Bright and eager, I headed down to the VUWSA meeting room for my weekly exec fix.

I waited.

Environment Officer Zach waited too.

Turns out they had changed the meeting time and kinda forgot to let me know (unfortunately my hopes of a secret media lockout scandal were dashed by Zach being out of the loop too).

So exec meeting take two!

This week: reports, plans, searches and poker.

While you were upstairs enjoying the Orientation events planned by VUWSA, the Exec were downstairs listening as it filtered through the floor. And working too!

Essentially this meeting was just a catch up to see what everyone had been up to over Orientation.

If you have had a free sausage in the quad over the past couple of weeks, it is likely it was one of the exec members who fed you. I hope you said thank you.

If you want to know what the exec members have been up to in VUWSA land, they all post work reports on the website (vuwsa.org.nz) for you to have a closer look at.

Environment officer Zach has been working on the ‘Warm up your Flat’ campaign. Info about this and the insulation subsidy (talk your landlords into sorting it before winter—do it) will be up on the VUWSA website soon.

Queer officer Kurt talked about a mentor programme he is organising. If you want to get involved, as either a mentee or mentor, email Kurt at queer.officer@vuwsa.org.nz.

The hunt for the vacant VUWSA staff positions is coming to a close, with a full roster expected to be on board by April.

I wanted to tell you more about the new Student Advocate… but I wasn’t given the right information in time.

Now. Poker. On campus. Clubs Officer Fraser is organising a big poker tournament on campus! You can register your interest in this event by joining the “VUWSA Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament” page on Facebook.

If any of you happen to read this far… don’t forget the VUWSA IGM. We have a time! 1pm. We have a place! Union Hall. We have a date! 17 March. Go have your say!

Okay!

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.