Here’s something to mull over

So, Kevin Smith thinks that fat people should get an extra seat on the airplane for free. The Hollywood director blogged angrily after he was asked to leave a packed flight because he couldn’t fit into one seat.

It sucks to be thrown off the plane, but don’t airline policies of making people too large for one seat pay for two seem perfectly reasonable? If one pie isn’t enough to fill your tummy, you have to pay for the second one, right? You don’t get it for free, and you certainly can’t steal half of some other poor sod’s pie.

It’s not just a matter of paying for a second seat to stow your butt fat—if you haven’t booked two seats, you’re gonna spill over into the next person’s seat. That they paid for. Smith doesn’t seem to care about the person who was going to have to sit next to him! If anyone could fit next to him. The airline not only put Smith on a later flight, they also gave him a $100 voucher! And he’s still angry!

My luggage and I collectively weigh less than Smith; shouldn’t I be the one to get money for using less than one seat, rather than the person who uses more?

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos