Leave your guns at home, Gerry

Don’t take your guns to town

Minister for Energy Gerry Brownlee rode into Dunedin last week with his Stetson and six shooter, only to find out that he should’ve left his guns at home to avoid shooting his mouth off.

Comments about Voluntary Student Membership made by Brownlee following a meeting with the Otago Young Nats caused Young Labour some consternation.

Brownlee reportedly said “National will support VSM,” to Young Labour member Brittany Travers.

National has so far only stated they will support Roger Douglas’ Bill to Select Committee stage.

When contacted by Critic and Salient, Brownlee’s office released a statement to the effect that Gerry had been approached by a “young woman” believed to be Travers. 

However, Brownlee’s office claims he only told the young woman that “The government is waiting for the select committee to report back… This Bill is not part of National’s confidence and supply agreement with ACT.”

When presented with Brownlee’s statment, Travers said Brownlee was not being honest.

“That’s definitely what I heard him say.”

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America