March 29, 2010 | by  | in Music |

News for yous

Music

So, we all know Gossip Girl has gone downhill recently, between Chuck Bass becoming a pussy and Hilary Duff getting in on the action. But don’t worry, Salient’s got you covered. In a manner of speaking. In a new weekly section, here’s some news you can really use.

Spotted: Roger Shepherd, Flying Nun figurehead, ogling Die! Die! Die! and Grayson Gilmour at recent Wellington shows. Signings on the horizon, perhaps?

The Mint Chicks, following a spectacular breakdown at a musichype show in Auckland (involving trashed stages, alleged fistfights, screaming ‘start your own fucking band’ at the audience, and rumours of core band members leaving), are, according to their Twitter, ‘Busted, but not broken up’. Controversial. But, for $3, you can watch the show on the musichype webstie.

In other musichype-related news, the website, which is selling the Bad Buzz EP from The Mint Chicks, had the audacity to proclaim it would be live streaming the VBC’s 3rd birthday party online, charging people to watch it! Obviously, action was taken, and the stream didn’t go ahead. Shame, bitches.

Need a new space to play? Cosmic Corner on Cuba St have played host to Rackets and Wilberforces in the last two weeks, maybe you could too. The catch? You have to start at 4.20pm.

That’s about it.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this