That’s so gay

That's so gay

So, the other week I wrote about preference and shit, then in the letters section of that issue there was some person saying bisexuals have it rough and I was like “OMG! Xe has a really good point.” So that’s totes what I’m gonna write about this week. Cos to be honest I’m a bit jealous, I have a primary focus on hot boys and it makes me feel a little lame to not like them lovely ladies also. It feels like that ruling out an option thing again… not that I would rule out lady love but I have several friends with severe cases of vaginaphobia (strangely, the same ones who would say “ewww [insert race here]”).

All the time I hear people kinda invalidate bisexuality with silly things like “Oh they’re just greedy.” That just conjures images of some miserly old nympho hording all the sexy times for xymself. This is a hilarious image—if I could draw I would draw this and not bother with the column.

I find it a bit weird that people don’t understand bisexuals, I guess it’s been seen as a transition—most gay people go through some bisexual phase, which with the kind of social climate we live in, almost makes sense: phase it in and people won’t think you’re too different.

And there’s this term I’ve heard used, well I like it myself, and I would like if more people used it: pansexuality. ‘Pan’ from the Greek ‘all’. So a pansexual is someone who is attracted to all kinds of people, regardless of gender et al. This term is probably more for people who acknowledge that there is more than just two genders, MALE and FEMALE. This is the part that probably goes to everyone’s heads so I won’t go too deep into it. But I think it’s super nice that there are people out there who don’t have a preference for a certain gender and can see the beauty in everyone.

That is the end, I don’t know if you learned anything but maybe it’ll give you something to think about.

P.S. UniQ general meeting this Thursday in Meeting Room 1 at 6pm. Tea/coffee/chat/movies, it’ll be a blast. Y’all should come. :D

1. Peter Boom says:

For the new global vision on Pansexuality see: http://www.pansexuality.it or  go to World’s greatest site on Human Sexology http://www2.hu-berlin.de/sexology , click on LINKS and then on SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
    Thank you.
    (COPYLEFT)
    See also: http://thejakartapost.com/news/2008/03/27/islam-039recognizes-homosexuality039.html

1. There’s a New Editor
1