Boobs? Not In My TV!

We’ll Have Them Say Kiwi Boys

American lingerie company Lane Bryant is more than a bit pissed that big boobs are not getting the support they need, while little ones are let loose on their networks.

Two networks—Fox and ABC—said no to the boobs in a sexy lingerie ad from the company, set to air in time periods where the networks have broadcast other apparently “racy fare”.

Lane Bryant’s blog The Inside Curve had posts complaining about the move, before a deal was probably struck and the comments were taken down.

The ad depicts several attractive, plus-sized models in the latest line of Lane Bryant lingerie. Ample cleavage is on display, which Salient was informed by research participants is correctly termed “heavy hangers”.

“The networks exclaimed, ‘She has…cleavage!’Gasp!’’ the blog post states.

The company complained that “ABC and Fox have made the decision to define beauty for you by denying our new … commercial from airing freely on their networks.”

“While it’s no secret that Victoria’s Secret ‘The Nakeds’ ads are prancing around on major networks leaving little to the imagination, steaming up TV screens and baring nearly everything but their souls, our sultry siren who shows sophisticated sass is somehow deemed inappropriate.”

Through totally scientific research conducted on Gmail chat, Salient has found 80 per cent of Kiwi males* would support the concept of the ad, with 80 per cent stating they wanted to watch the ad for purely scientific reasons.

Salient assumes the other guy just said no to be annoying.

*Sample Size = 5.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos