Cervical cancer vaccines “discunted” for trial participants

“I love it when my cervical cancer is discunted!”—23-year-old female

An email inviting young women to participate in a trial of the cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil has been circulated with an unfortunate spelling mistake in the subject line.

The email with the subject line “Discunted Cervical Cancer (Gardasil) offer to trial female participants 21-26 years”, sent by the Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC) at the University of Auckland, was received by an Auckland womens’ group.

IMAC Research is calling for women 14- to 26-years old, who have not received a dose of Gardasil, to participate in a study to explore how to make injections more comfortable.

Women aged between 14 and 20 can get the vaccine for free, while those over 20 years who participate in the trial are offered a “discunted” rate of “only $50+ GST for the first dose and $99+ GST for the second two doses”.

Well you don’t want your health to be ovary-priced, do you?

Editor for 2010, politics nerd, panda fan and three-time award-winning student journalist.

1. Before you sign up for the to good to be true discunt research what happened to some of the girls in the hpv vaccine trial in India recently. Girls- RUN!!!!!!

2. Gardasil Victim says:

Please google Jasmine Renata and don’t end up likes us. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!

3. smackdown says:

or, you know, don’t receive your vaccination from a dirty patch adams doctor operating out of a cardboard box in a desolate shithole country

4. Shitkicker McGee says:

VAGINAS

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,