Don’t go Breaking the Law

Do your bit for your golden future

Just in case you do break the law, Vic students are finding ways to get you out of your public indecency charge. For free!

The Wellington Community Justice Project is a student-driven initiative that will provide law students with the opportunity to work with lawyers and gain practical legal experience through research and case work.

“Student volunteers will be involved in four areas of the project: law reform, human rights, education and advocacy,” says Project Leader Helena Nunn.

“It is a long-term project run entirely by students with consent and support from Victoria University’s Faculty of Law.”

At the project’s launch, Principal Family Court Judge Andrew Becroft praised the initiative. “Justice in this country is hardest to find where it is most needed,” he said.

“This has the potential to be a life-changing experience for the students involved and for those who receive their assistance.”

“The aim of the project is to improve community access to legal services,” says Nunn, “to educate individuals about processes such as law reform as well as the law itself, and finally, to provide a means of getting students more involved with their community.”

The student volunteers will be working with organisations such as community law offices, the Human Rights Commission, the Citizens Advice Bureau, the Innocence Project NZ and members of the legal profession.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. Pizza Base Recipe
  2. VUWSA to Sell Van
  3. Hunter Lounge Raking in Business as Reality Sets In
  4. Rule and Exception
  6. Volume 81 Issue 03: Stale-ient
  7. Are We Live
  8. 15 Things I’d Rather Do Than “Discuss With the Person Next to Me” in a Lecture
  9. Superorganism Self-Titled
  10. Trump’s America