April 26, 2010 | by  | in Opinion |

Fraser Pearce—Clubs Officer

Heya guys, it’s that time of the year where I finally get to talk to you. Good-O. So now, what the heck should I talk to you about? As much as I’m tempted to talk to you about cake (which is currently what I’m craving), I’ll try to stay on topic, and talk to you about (the) VUWSA, clubs, and Alan Young.

So where do clubs fit in this VUWSA machine? Well, firstly, as clubs officer it is my job to help keep the clubs up to date, and smoothly running along with Max Hardy and Melissa Barnard: who is our current Clubs and Activities Manager. Another secondary function that VUWSA serves is part of your levy that you pay to the association at the start of the first trimester goes gets put into a clubs funding pool that the sports and cultural committees allocate to the varying clubs on campus. Which means that you, the student, is actively keeping all these exciting clubs on campus. Ka Pai guys btw.

Anyhow, this year there are quite a few fun events that Alan, Melissa and I are trying to get running. The first of these is the VUWSA Texas Hold’em tournament which is to be hopefully held this trimester. Hopefully this will be one among many more exciting events that could happen.

As a side note: A few key dates to note; to those clubs who haven’t affiliated yet, you must do so by the 30th April to be eligible for the first round of funding. To the sports clubs: the 28th of April is the AGM. And to those on the sports/cultural committees, the date for these is the 5/6th May.

Peace out fellow students, and good luck for the second half of tri.

P.S, to the grammar Nazis out there, be nice.

Fraser Pearce
Clubs Officer