Help them not waste your money

Stop being apathetic please

VUWSA wants to know what you think about the student services provided on campus.

Following a hefty hike in the Student Services levy this year (see www.salient.org.nz for details), VUWSA agreed to work with the university to ensure students were receiving value for their huge amounts of money.

The Student Services and Amenities Levy Advisory Committee (SSALAC) was established as a collaboration between the university and VUWSA.

VUWSA is working together with the university to review students’ experiences of the various services provided by the Student Services and Amenities Levy.

The Committee has organised a research project. Focus groups and interviews of students will be conducted, with a wider survey of students planned for later in the year.

VUWSA President Max Hardy says SSALAC gives students a very concrete opportunity to have a say in what their Student Services levy funds.

“VUWSA encourages students to contact us with any ideas about the levy and services it funds.

“We want to know if you have ideas for new services, less services, better services, cheaper services and so on.

“This is much more than an empty gesture, your ideas will be able to change what happens in 2011.”

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. Cuttin’ it with with Miss June