LOL news

Bible Finds New Uses for Black People

Australian Cookbook Features ‘Race-y’ Typo

A highly unfortunate typo in the cookbook Pasta Bible asked readers for “freshly ground black people”, rather than pepper.

Although only occurring in one of the recipes, the mistake will cost Australia’s Penguin $20,000 to fix.

While some readers have taken offense to the error, head of publishing Bob Sessions has found this reaction hard to understand.

“We’re mortified that this has become an issue of any kind and why anyone would be offended, we don’t know.”

Penguin will reprint 7000 copies of the cookbook, but won’t recall it from bookshops, where copies can still be purchased for $20, ground black people and all.

Stolen iPad comes with unique app

A thief in Colorado got more than he bargained for when he stole an iPad last week, and took two-thirds of the owner’s pinky finger with it.

Bill Jordan had just purchased the iPad from a nearby store when the thief grabbed the bag, the handle of which was coiled around Jordan’s hand.

“He kept pulling until something had to give, and it wound up being my finger.”

Doctors had to amputate part of Jordan’s pinky finger and he has also suffered nerve damage to his ring finger.

Police are still searching for the thief.

Incredible Journey III: Cat Travels 2000km

Cat iz in ur plane, reddy to fly

A cat that somehow travelled from New Mexico to Chicago will fly home this week, airfares complimentary of American Airlines.

Owner Robin Alex was contacted by Chicago Animal Care and Control when Charles, who had been missing for eight months, was identified by his microchip.

Although no one knows how Charles made the 2000km trip in the first place, a fellow New Mexico resident has negotiated a free cat carrier for the cat’s trip home.

Charles is said to be in a good condition for his journey.

“He needs a good brushing. He’s got a little bit of a cold—a little bit of an upper respiratory infection—but otherwise he’s in great condition.”

Dressing Scantily Causes Earthquakes

Iranian cleric creates new seismic theory

It’s not fault-lines, but scantily dressed women who are to blame for earthquakes, Iranian cleric Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi said recently.

“Many women who do not dress modestly… lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes.”

Seismologists have claimed for many years that Iran’s capital Tehran is extremely likely to be hit by an earthquake in the near future.

Responding to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s suggestion that many of the 12 million inhabitants should relocate from the capital, Sedighi offered a more moralistic approach.

“There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam’s moral codes.”

Dressing Scantily Saves Lives

Lost tourists strip off in the bush

Two tourists lost at the Franz Joseph Glacier removed clothing and set it on fire to light their way, police reported.

Walkers spotted the light from a burning scarf and alerted rescue teams, who searched for the couple for four hours.

However, the pair had successfully made their way back to their campervan and left by the time the search was called off.

Constable Paul Gurney believes they were still in a decent state of dress when they left, but thinks that more than the scarf may have been sacrificed.

“From looking at where they were, I think they must have burnt more than that.”

Gurney advised others visiting the area to carry torches.

1