April 19, 2010 | by  | in Opinion |

President’s column

Ok, we really didn’t think we’d have to do this again.

This time, we’re not going to apologise on Max Tardy’s behalf.

Yes, Tardy is at Uni Games playing soccer, but he’s known for some time that he was going to be in Invercargill in the second week of the mid-semester break, when Salient is in production.

If there is a deadline looming, here a couple of handy hints for any Salient contributor (Tardy included):

1. get the column done early and send it through to the Editor, like, a week in advance, or
  2. let the Editor know the column might be a bit late and explain the circumstances. The Editor might have a couple of suggestions about ways to get around this.

Tardy has been reminded on several occasions over the week that he has a column to write.

Salient has not heard from Tardy, or received any explanation from him as to why no column has been submitted.

So here is a picture of the world’s tallest building dressed in a kaftan, next to a picture of a sheep and a puppy riding a pony instead.

President

<3 Salient xox

1. s says:

just wondering, is the VUWSA president by virtue of his/her position obligated to write this column? cheers

2. smackdown says:

it’s only his best opportunity to get his message out to the student masses, i can see why he misses a few of ’em cos fuck stdents what have dey ever done for vuwsa buncha cunts

3. Jose Salandros says:

So every time Hardy misses a column we get an increasingly ridiculous shoop of this tower? I am OK with this.

Feel free to continue fucking around, Hardy-kun.

4. Shitkicker McGee says:

The President doesn’t have to write it, but Salient has to give them a column. So if they don’t write it, Salient must fill the page. They’re going a great job of it too!

5. Salient Online Editor Mikey Langdon says:

Think of the possibilities!

6. Jacuuline says:

I heard Max pisses in his office. Just pisses everywhere. Fuckin’ piss everywhere. Up the walls. Piss on the keyboard. If you walk in there, he’ll piss in your pocket.

7. Tequila says:

lazy and disorganised, different to Freemantle in that he’s easily managed but still as incompetent (although not as rotten evil) as Freemantle was. Another reason why Voluntary Membership should be seriously considered.

1. Intimacy and the Environment
  2. Surprise Surprise, Another US School Massacre
  3. Dear Daddy Dave
  4. The Weekly Planet
  5. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  6. Books to Films
  7. Books to Films
  8. Still Life with Chickens
  9. Silicon Valley Season 5
  10. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It