Request for streamline

I can’t think of a System of a Down reference

The Qualifications Authority is considering replacing University Entrance with a common entry standard for all degrees.

Currently there are inconsistencies in degree entry requirements across the tertiary sector.

University Entrance is required for people under the age of 20 who want to study at a New Zealand university. Other institutions do not have to use the standard for entry to their degrees, although many do.

Some polytechnic, wananga and private sector representatives say they’re in favour of a single entry standard.

Victoria University Vice-Chancellor Professor Pat Walsh says it is anomalous to have different entry standards for degree study at different types of institutions.

He says 20 per cent of the country’s degree students are not at universities.

“Ensuring there is a common entry standard for all degree programmes is essential to protecting the reputation of New Zealand’s degree qualifications.

“In a capped funding environment it is vital that there is a transparent and fair system for allocating places in degree programmes.

“In my view those places must be allocated to students who have at least met a minimum standard tertiary entry criteria in both universities and other tertiary institutions.”

Some tertiary sector representatives warn that disadvantaged groups could miss out.

The results of the review should be known before the start of the 2011 school year, and any changes would take effect in 2013.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this