They’re Doing it Wrong

Get paid to show them how to get it right

Students have a chance to win the big bucks telling the government how to spend their money right.

The inaugural Alternative Budget Competition, open to all currently enrolled university students, asks teams of students to construct an alternative budget for New Zealand.

The wining team gets $7000 in prize money, while the other three finalists get $1000 per team fronted by competition sponsors the Productive Economy Council and the New Zealand Manufacturers and Exporters Association.

“Generations X and Y have a huge stake in the future of our country since it is on them that the tax burden of supporting any future benefits—which they may or may not receive—will fall. And yet these generations are poorly represented among those who form our economic policies,” says Selwyn Pellett, spokesman for the Productive Economy Council.

“We want to see what ideas our smartest students can come up with as a counter to the traditional ideas which lack inspiration and have delivered an unbalanced economy with lacklustre growth. The objective is summed up in the tag line for the competition: Clean Sheet, New Vision.” says Pellett.

Hurry up, you only have until Thursday 22 April to enter your team.

Competition details can be found at www.altb.org.nz

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos