Vandals are Punks

No Peace Thru Vandalism

Following two separate attacks of vandalism on the Women’s Room in the Student Union, Women’s Rights Officer Caitlin Dunham is asking people to be more aware of what is happening around the campus.

The Women’s Room is on the second floor of the Student Union, and is provided as quiet space for women on campus.

Last term, offensive messages were written on posters, and the phone was ripped from the wall.

“It’s disappointing that people treat this space with such blatant disrespect,” says Dunham.

“The space is provided as a safe, quiet haven so vandalism is really not conducive to the message of the room.”

Dunham hopes the space will be treated with more respect when it reopens after the holidays.

During the renovation of the Student Union Building, access to the room has been disrupted. Dunham is working with VUWSA and Student Services to find an alternative space.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,