Eye on Exec

Things were very different at last week’s exec meeting. All exec members were present and all exec members had submitted reports.

It looks like the exec read Salient!

This week Salient was going to include a look at all the exec members and how they stack up, but after discussions, this will be delayed until after the exec submit their trimester reports.

There are issues in every organisation, and VUWSA just happens to have a student magazine looking over their shoulder. That is Salient’s job, and we will keep on calling them on the things they do wrong. Even if they do bitch about it.

One thing that did impress me was the new attitude towards the IGM. IGM Take Two will have a steering committee to look after advertising and planning, and food to attract students.

There does appear to be a bit of dissent in the ranks. The exec spent a long time pointing out the faults and flaws in Clubs Officer Fraser Pearce’s report. Eventually it was decided that he had not done enough to be paid for the complete fortnight.

Exec members spent a rather long time discussing communication issues with the president, and blaming this for some of their own performance issues. While it was good to see some of the members of the exec actually getting passionate about something, it sounded more than a bit petty at times.

Stuff you can care about:
VUWSA is looking for student input on what is happening in the Campus Hub study and social places. There are a series of workshops on 11 May. If you are interested in being involved, go to the VUWSA office.

IGM Take Two! Bus strikes and lack of advertising meant last week’s meeting didn’t go ahead. The next one is scheduled for Thursday 13 May at 1pm in the Student Union Hall. Apparently this time there will be treats.

News Editor and Chief Editor-Annoyance. Thinks you should volunteer to write news. Is easily distracted by shiny things.

1