FM, BM Nius

Design competition!

Win $750! (in book vouchers or technology *cough*)
Heads up to all those awesome visual designers out there! Te Pātaka Kōrero—A.K.A. the library—will soon be unveiling their new Māori and Pacific Collections space on Level 2, but before that happens, they’re in need of a new design for book spine labels that will be held in the new section. Interested? The contact details are below, otherwise look out for the yellow posters that have all the details and specs. Alternatively, if you already have a submission then you can email your submission to renee.stowers@vuw.ac.nz or drop it in the box at the Library Reference Desk on Level 2 of the Kelburn campus.

Due date: 5pm, 21 May 2010

Any questions, direct them to
Aisha.LeFrantz@vuw.ac.nz, or phone her on (04) 463 5233 extn 8979.

Do YOU know NTU? DO YOU?

Ngā Taura Umanga—or better known as NTU—is the Māori Commerce Students’ Association down at Pipitea Campus. And according to their flash pamphlet, their vision is “to contribute towards the holistic well being of Māori” and their mission is “to assist Māori to excel in the study of commerce”. In other words, NTU is there for YOU! If you’re a Māori business and commerce student that is…Though even if you’re not, you can still benefit from their events and stalls where they give out free stuff like chocolates, lollies, t-shirts and even hoodies. Yes. Hoodies. So if you see anyone walking around the place with NTU hoodies (black with blue logo on the left breast and ‘Ngā Taura Umanga’ on the behind) chances are they got them for free. Otherwise, they’re part of the Executive Board who has just recently been elected on for the year. Who are they? Well, you can go and see for yourself. They can be found in Room 207, Railway Station, Pipitea Campus. OR check out their flash website at www.ngatauraumanga.co.nz which will be updated soon. You could even send an email to ngatauraumanga@gmail.com if you wanted to. Seriously, go check them out.

Tumuaki Tāne | Co-President – Male
Hori Henare-Tamihana

Tumuaki Wahine | Co-President – Female
Miriama Cribb

Kaituhi | Secretary
Rena Keelan-Goldsmith

Kaitiaki Pūtea | Treasurer
Carlos Burke

Ngā Kaiwhakahaere | Executive Members
Rueben Radford (that Design guy on pg6 from a couple of Salient’s ago)
TJ Fermanis
Sterling Tito
Victor Manawatu (a.k.a. Ngāi Tauira Prez)

P.S. Currently there are two more positions on the Executive Board to be filled so if you’re interested, go and drop in. You might be the person for the job.
P.P.S. Not sure if you’re NTU? Then if you’re Māori and you’re taking at least one commerce paper, i.e. business, marketing, economics, accounting etc, then you’re NTU. That’s ooosh.

1