International No Diet Day

An audience of delighted students and Salient staff were enthralled by VUWSA President Max Hardy’s catwalk debut last week.

Hardy, a natural on the catwalk, strutted his stuff to Rihanna’s ‘Rude Boy’, dancing along with his signature finger-point moves.

As part of International No Diet Day celebrations, Hardy opened the “Love Your Body” fashion show.

Organised by VUWSA Women’s Rights Officer Caitlin Dunham and the VUWSA Women’s Group, the day included desserts and other treats to celebrate throwing aside the diets and loving the body you have.

In related news, Salient hears Hardy might be searching for a date for the Graduation dinner, email us if you want to be considered.

1. iedge says:

Amazing article. I have been following the Weight Watchers diet plan for some time. I do not hate my body, nor do I deprive myself of anything. I just use moderation. Help celebrate International No Diet Day and raise funds for The Butterfly Foundation. I have chosen to eat a sensible diet and exercise on a regular basis.

1. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  2. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  3. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  4. I Lift My Eyes
  5. The H-Word
  6. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  7. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  8. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  9. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  10. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos